Hospitality IT Asset Tracking
Application Brief: Multi-National, Multi-Location IT Asset Tracking
Customer Profile: Diamond Resorts Vacation Ownership
Current Asset Tracking Process:
There is no current tracking of assets after they are ordered initially. They are accounted for when they arrive and then never verified. New assets are deployed as follows:
· Asset shows up in a location (drop ship).
· Asset managers don’t know about the invoice until they see the invoice.
· IT person at the site receives the item and knows who it's for by the invoice. Today nothing is tagged.
· There are no asset inventories.
Traditional stakeholders came up with the following problems:
· Assets are not being accounted for after the initial receiving.
· Assets are moved from place to place but no change is made in the system. Today there is no visibility as to where an asset has been moved to.
· Asset inventories are so difficult that there is not enough time to justify it.
· We have 5000 "hi-value assets" and we don’t know where they are.
· Simply put – We have no control!
As has been recommended before, we will use our ABC Scan RFID Asset Tracking System. This system comes with the following components:
· PC program that links to a SQL database for data storage.
· Handheld RFID reader and software which is used to quickly conduct inventories.
· RFID tags and labels used to physically tag each asset.
Components to the Solution
ABC Scan SQL Software
Motorola MC9090-G mobile RFID reader
Zebra R4M RFID printer and encoderOmni-ID metal Mount RFID asset tags